Egelin Property Group would like to take a moment to remind our friends, family, and clients that now is the time to winterize your home to ensure that you avoid any potential costly repairs once winter is in full swing. Here are some helpful hints to protect your home as the thermostat drops:
- Inspect your roof and replace any damaged or missing roof shingles.
- Make sure gutters and downspouts are free of leaves and debris.
- Consider a fresh coat of paint or sealer on your deck.
- On a windy day, close your windows and feel for air leaks.
- Seal any leaks with rope caulk.
- Install weather stripping on the sides or bottoms of any leaky doors.
- Insulate exposed plumbing.
- Remove leaves or debris from your air conditioner’s condensing unit, cover for winter.
- If you haven’t had your fireplace chimney cleaned in a few years, hire a professional chimney sweep.
If you need a recommendation for local professionals who can perform this or any other work around your home, we are here to help!
And as always, if you or anyone you know is looking to buy or sell a home, you can count on Egelin Property Group! Please don’t hesitate to contact us at (214) 790-4400. We look forward to hearing from you!